It is best, if possible, to tackle a bed bug infestation during the early stages. This is when the infestation will not only be more confined, but the numbers won’t be as large. Simply put, the entire situation will be easier to do with. That being said detecting the infestation at the early stages will be much harder than imagined. And, the main reason for this is because most people don’t even know they are dealing with an infestation until it’s too late. Detecting infestations at the early stages is the hardest, as the bugs will be more tentative and better equipped to hide. Regardless, it is still best to get on the problem as soon as possible.
It will not only be easier to deal with, but you’ll likely be able to utilize elimination methods that aren’t as effective with larger infestations. For instance, in smaller, more confined infestations, you can likely clear the problem up with traditional chemicals and pesticides. Unfortunately, this problem wouldn’t be the case with larger infestations. Even when using pesticides to treat smaller infestations, a new study conducted at the University of Purdue proves that the process will still take additional treatments with considerable time in between each visit.
This is why we started building in additional and follow-up visits will all our bed bug pest management programs. Here’s what a traditional bed bug program looks like in our Houston offices:
- You’ll call our Houston offices and set up an appointment for a visit.
- We’ll dispatch out an assessor who will evaluate the property, determining the best means of approach. He’ll determine how the bugs are getting onto the property, where to start treatment, potential breeding sites, and a whole slew of other pertinent things.
- The second visit will be the actual treatment.
- The third visit will be another application of the pesticides, which will be 10 to 14 days after the initial spraying.
- The last visit will be conducted 30 days later and it will simply be a follow-up visit to make sure that the elimination is gone. It will be during this time that we’ll sit down with you and help you develop a preventive approach to keep your property pest-free.
You can always rest assured that when dealing with us, we only utilize the most effective pesticides. We also make sure we handle them in the most effective, efficient, and safest ways possible. We only utilize trained and certified technicians to administer treatments and they are constantly trained and retrained on the utilization of chemicals and pesticides. We want our customers to rest easy when doing business with us!